Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Saturday's Special

Can't wait till Saturday. It's the day that we get to meet again the neighbor kids for another afternoon of fun and some meal. And guess what the kids are having? It's always one thing to prepare food for the kids to eat but it's another to give them what they really love. I want to thank this friend of mine (who lives in a faraway land) who shares my love for these children not only in word but in deed, who sent a special love offering so the kids could have a little 'fiesta.' I should be able to serve very decent meals for the next number of feeding Saturdays.....God return to you a hundredfold, E.T.S.
Normally we would prepare some soup or simple sandwich and some juice but this Saturday is somewhat special. If you can guess what kids all over the world love to eat, you already know what they're having. I mean, here in our country this is special party food. For many this may be a regular meal but here, this is 'the hostess' choice' in almost all occasions. So, thanks to my sweet friend who have so generously shared to our ministry so we can serve this favorite dish of all time - SPAGHETTI!

"Oh well, how can spaghetti be that special?," you might say. I believe it's how you cook it that makes it what it is - especially to the one who prepares it. And so for those of you who are known to me and my family, you know how pasta is prepared in our kitchen. It's not so much the expensive ingredients that I'm boasting about, but the passion and the love for pasta that I can assure everyone that kids will rave and come back for seconds. Our love for pasta and our love for these children are enough reason to make great spaghetti on Saturday.


PRAYER LIST

I want to thank my friends who have taken the time to read this blog. And not only read but most especially pray for this ministry. Like I mentioned in my previous post, we've received a good report from one of the kids telling us of good changes in the children's behaviour as coming from some parents. That ensures us that the children will be allowed to come so we can continue with what our Master has tasked us, i.e., to love our neighbors. That is great news for all of us who have been praying for our Majority brothers and sisters. God has opened this door for us and we are being careful to obey and so would you please continue to partner with us through your prayers? I have a short list which all of you can help us pray for.

>  good weather on Saturday
> protection for the children
> wisdom, strength and guidance for the teachers and volunteers
> continuous provision for this ministry ( food, teaching materials)

Our regular feeding schedule is every 1st and 3rd Saturday afternoon of every month.

I have three more prayer requests which have been in my heart, asking the Lord's favor and direction:

1. Alira

If you remember the little girl whose picture I showed in last post, her name is Alira, who had brain tumor surgery - I would ask for prayers for her complete healing and recovery. She also has a small request which her older sister relayed to me last week. Her older sister came running to ask me that if we will distribute gifts again this December, her younger sister is requesting for a barbie doll. I told her that we would be praying that we will have the means to grant her little sister's request but no promises.

2. December gift-giving

In line with Alira's request, I would like to ask for prayers that God would provide for this 'act of kindness' for our Muslim neighbors. We started doing this last December through the generosity of some of us and we would like to do it again. You cannot imagine the joy that the these children have in that small act of giving. This is the way that we've reached the hearts of these children - showing our love in concrete terms, by sharing our gifts to them.

3. English tutorial

I am still praying for direction and guidance with another opportunity of extending our kindness to the older children by way of giving free English tutorial to them. Been praying about this ever since we started the feeding ministry because this is one way I can have an extended time with the kids and be able to share more of the Master's love for them. Would appreciate your prayers for this potentially wonderful opportunity.

Abundant blessings!









No comments:

Post a Comment