Thursday, August 2, 2012

There's a welcome here!


A warm welcome to my blog!

I am a busy wife, mother, friend to many and now, a blogger and here's to sharing what God is doing to a community of believers in one of the cool cities of a small archipelago in the Southeastern part of Asia. I'm so blessed to be part of what HE is doing to us and through us. For the last few months we have been gathering our Majority neighbor kids for a feeding ministry. This has been exciting. About forty to fifty come on Saturday afternoons.

This whole idea of blogging came after a successful attempt to make iMovie videos. We wanted to share ministry updates and I thought videos are cool. That experience thrilled me but then I thought, we really don't want the whole world yet to discover about this program. There are complications, I must say. Nervously, I had to hold my finger up so it won't 'click to upload' the video on youtube. That killed the excitement but .... I'm taking another route so we can share to our select friends. So, thanks to my Facebook friend who PM me asking for pictures of the feeding program. You gave me this idea.

So, to all of our friends whom we want to bless with good news about this exciting ministry, this blog is for you. You may read it only but you may also rejoice and pray together with us in what we're doing. Hopefully, you pray with us. We need it for our back-up in wisdom, in strength and guidance from the Master.

So what exactly do we do?

For two Saturday afternoons each month, we invite neighbor kids in our subdivision. For two hours we spend time having fun, games, food and storytelling with the kids. We have loving, patient, dedicated volunteers who sacrifice their time. We teach them life values. Godly values. It's really a divine opportunity, I believe. Not too many have this rare chance. Usually, families where they come from would stay away from us. But by the grace we are given, we hold these children dear to our hearts and we're being faithful in this calling.

I must tell you in advance that we are doing this on a week-to-week basis ONLY. God knows where the next feeding budget would come. Basically, we are dependent on help from donors and community friends as the number of children coming increases. We don't want to feed them junk food and so we really spend for this program.

In a way, I'm already asking you to pray for HIS provisions for these children. Many of them are devoid of nutrition and therefore sickly. We want to provide them with some form of proper nourishment as a way of contributing towards their good health. For this you can help us pray for the Sovereign Provider to be faithful.

Much has been said already to introduce myself, this blog and its purpose. For now, I am keeping this somewhat private to conceal the children's identity. The religion where they belong will not be happy to know about this and in case they learn, there will be consequences - they won't be allowed anymore to come. As you might have noticed I have been very discreet with terminologies for that reason. We love the children and we want to obey our mandate but we want to protect them and the ministry itself. Even now I ask you to pray for a hedge of protection over these kids.

Can you pray with us?

Below are some pictures of the children, that you may hold them in your prayers.



















No comments:

Post a Comment